The Discovery Supported Employment team has coached more than 120 people into work across Somerset since 2017, but many employers are not taking advantage of the talented pool of disabled candidates seeking work.
In the UK, 65% of people with a learning disability would like to be in paid employment, but only 6% are currently in work.
As experts in this area, Discovery can help. The charity offers a comprehensive training package to employers consisting of:
- A three-step staff training programme made up of: equality and diversity, disability awareness and reasonable adjustments at work
- A telephone call back service via a team of trained staff so businesses can easily find the answer to any questions or ask for support
- Discovery can support a business to become disability confident and obtain a qualification which reflects this status
- A job matching service – the charity will create vocational profiles for all candidates so it can find a role that matches their skills and experience
- Job coaches who can provide induction and in-work support where required
Discovery is looking for businesses which can offer:
- Paid work opportunities
- Structured work experience
- Work trials
- Working interviews
- Work taster sessions
To find out more, get in touch with Discovery by telephoning 0300 303 9013 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.